Friday, August 10, 2012

Visa. Just kidding; boats.

So today we were supposed to go to Valparaíso to get our student visas, but due to circumstances unforeseen by the international directors, we were unable to get in to get them. To compensate, Álvaro (director of the International Office) offered to take us out on a boat around Valpo before taking the GCC students out for lunch. It was a decent tradeoff, I'd say.






 And there were sea lions everywhere.



After returning to an empty depto and crashing for a couple hours, I went with a few people to a kind of youth/young adult service for a local church.  It was really great on a number of levels, plus it was refreshing after a couple weeks of missing church due to pre-planned trips.  There is a decent foreign exchange presence, and the guy in charge of that group immediately sought us out and facebook-friended us to convey news and information on events and meetings for exchange students.  I'm excited to get plugged in that way; the group seems really solid and I was impressed with how quickly and easily we were able to connect - even with Chileans (whoa buddy).  

1 comment: